Back from Star Bright Farm

We're home from a fun weekend at my friend & photographer Helen Norman's farm- Star Bright Farm- where we photographed my new line of fabrics.   Saturday afternoon, we loaded up the car with fabrics, props and luggage and headed for the farm:

{Ashby checked out the goods before we left}

When we got there we planned out our shot possibilities and even got a few photos in that evening before the rain storm.  Helen & her husband Mark made us THE MOST AMAZING PASTA EVER for dinner.  {Chard from their farm sauteed with peppers, garlic & bacon over pasta --- mmm mmmm goodness!!  I had it again for breakfast on Sunday and I made it when I got home last night (they sent us home with a bunch of fresh veggies from the farm) and just had it again for breakfast}  We stayed in Helen & Mark's AMAZING guest house and I just couldn't get over all of the beautiful details in their homes.  Everything is so authentic & solid and "real."  It's truly incredible.  Their house was recently featured in Country French Magazine.  (with photos by Helen) Here's a pic of their living room with one of my Madhatter chairs in white linen:

{please excuse the bad scans}

Here's a photo from Country French Magazine of her potting room:

{loooove this soapstone sink}


We had a crazy loooong day of shooting (up at 4:30 AM) with Helen & F.J. (her assistant) and our whole family and the photos turned out so well.  My goal with this photo shoot was to use the fabrics in settings that portrayed a feeling & a mood.  The fabrics and colorways are all so different from each other (55 in all) so it was so much fun to use them in varied settings for completely different vibes.   

As soon as I have pics, I'll let you know.  The online store with the fabrics is almost up!!

Thanks so much to Helen & her amazing family-  we had so much fuuun!!!!!!

xoxo, Lauren


If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Home Styles. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.