Our Master Bath & Subway Tile

Sooooo.. remember when I wrote this post about my bathroom & vintage shaving mirror a little while back?  Well, my husband & I have both had the bathroom on our minds.  Here's a picture of our current linoleum & formica clad bathroom  complete with green fiberglass shower stall....


It's currently separated into two spaces- one for the shower & toilet and one for the vanity/ sink area.  We're looking to combine the spaces into one larger room, which is something we've been planning since we moved in.  I also want to move the toilet so it's not the first thing we see when we walk in.


I'm really excited about the possibility of fixing this baby up!!  We are planning on enlarging the shower so that it takes up the entire back wall of the bathroom (over where the toilet currently is now) and doing a walkaround glass shower enclosure.  (Meaning the glass will be fixed in place with no door, just a wide opening.)  I've been on the search for the perfect 2x6 creamy white subway tile for the shower walls & I think I've found it by Subway Ceramics.  It's really important to me that the subway tile is matte and as flat as possible for a more seamless vintage-modern look.  Subway Ceramics specializes in vintage reproduction tile that is almost perfectly flat and allows for pencil thin grout lines.  (And lots of other tiles too)

{image via sacramentostreet.com...  I'm not sure who makes this subway tile but just wanted to give you an idea of what I'm thinking...  We also have a small window that will be in our shower and I loooove the one above.}

I also want to use darker grout between the tiles... Similar to this kitchen below but with slightly thinner groutlines:

{image via littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com}

I Love the tile in this kitchen by Tom Scheerer:


...It looks as if it's not as dark as an actual black.  I think it's a bit softer & this is what I'm looking for..  We live in a 70s contemporary so I like the retro vibe of the 2x6 subways. 


Anyway, I'll keep you posted on it!   Fingers crossed!!


xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Home Styles. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.